Tuesday, June 20, 2006

empowerment....

Meredith: You dont get to call me a whore. When I met you I thought I had found the person that I was going to spend the rest of my life with. I was done. So all the boys, and all the bars, and all the obvious daddy issues, who cared because I was done. You left me, you chose Adison. I'm all glued back together now. I make no apologies for how I chose to repair what you broke. You don't get to call me a whore!

Oh...Grey's Anatomy! I was thinking of this quote today because some blog I read was talking about the best quotes of the season and as a woman you really kind of wanted to stand up and clap for Meredith..perhaps cheer...because its rare when we, as women, get to speak our minds in such a way to the men that have hurt us or are just being an unbelievable dick...but when you can its as equally scary as it is empowering.

2 comments:

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amanda said...

Meredith is my hero...right after you....All we can hope is after we stand up for ourselves the assholes that felt so allowed to judge will sit back and realize what how wrong they really were...:) i love you!!!

Thanks for standing next to me while i've been hurt, you rule :)